Fort Sill Survivor Outreach Services
Bldg 4700 Mow Way Rd
Suite 100 Fort Sill, OK 73503
Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Complete a Survivors Needs Assessment to request more information and to find resources in your area.
Complete form online
Print and complete form
We honor Soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for the security of our Nation by supporting and caring for their Survivors. The Army is committed to providing sustained support to surviving Family members to ease their loss and help them through a very difficult time and provide support for as long as they desire.
Losing a loved one is an especially difficult time for those left behind. In addition to the grief the family will suffer, they will also be faced with several issues and questions about a life built around the Army. Some of these will be addressed immediately by the Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO), but some will not surface for many months or years – long after the Casualty Assistance process has ended. Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) can help. Fort Sill Survivor Outreach Services provides support for Families of the Fallen living in Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Fort Sill Survivor Outreach Services:
- Extend support to Families both before and after crisis by maximizing cooperation between governmental and non-government agencies.
- Facilitate support groups where Families and individuals can share feelings, concerns, thoughts, resources, and information in a safe and understanding, setting.
- Maintain personal contact with Survivor Families with phone calls, cards, and mailings.
- Offer on site professional financial counseling to assist Families in adjusting to their unique monetary circumstance following the loss of a loved one.
- Help to train Family Readiness Groups, Care Teams, Casualty Assistance Officers, and Army Leadership about the program and Survivor issues.
- Conduct special events to provide Surviving Families an opportunity to interact and share in a social setting.
Fort Sill Resources:
- Casualty Assistance Center (CAC) (580) 442-5066
- Army Community Service (580) 442-4916
- Army Emergency Relief (580) 442-4916
- Military Family Life Consultants (580) 574-7362/7363/7364 or (580) 768-1276 (Child and Youth)
- Child and Youth Services
- Garrison Chaplains/Family Life Chaplains
- Legal Assistance (580) 442-5058
- Retirement Services Office (580) 442-6605
- Veteran’s Administration Office (580) 442-2469
Resources and Links:
- Military One Source
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- State Benefits
- Social Security Administration